Sunday, October 16, 2011

How the news scares us to believe them

Watching the news today I couldn't help but notice how the news casters try to make things seem much worse than they really are. For instance, they practically scare everybody to death by how bad they make our economy seem. Also, they make some stories about killings and deaths much more than what they really are to scare people into believing everything that is being told to them. Today, the news announcers were saying bad things about our economy. I'm not going to lie, if I wasn't in this class I probably would of fell for how bad they made it seem and make me start saving my money more than I already do. Another example of how television scares people into doing what they want is the "click it or ticket" commercials. They make it seem like every time you don't fasten your seatbelt your going to get a ticket, very hard to believe. The news and many products instills fear into the public to make them want to buy their products or do/listen to what they have to say.

LIST:
Steelers commercial
T.V. show advertisement
Bob Evans advertisement
Honda commercial
X-Factor commercial
Steelers game highlights
traffic alerts
local news stories
click it or ticket commercial
victoria's secret commercial

1 comment:

  1. Why do you think that the news is trying to scare people into saving their money when our society is one of consumers?

    ReplyDelete